Berberine is an alkaloid that is present in a number of plants, including Berberis vulgaris (barberry), Berberis aristata (tree turmeric), Berberis aquifolium (Oregon grape), Hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal), and Coptis chinensis (goldthread). This important plant extract demonstrates important benefits for glucose metabolism, maintenance of healthy lipid levels, insulin sensitivity, cardiac support, weight management, gastrointestinal health, immune modulation, and cognitive support.*
A versatile botanical compound with wide application
- 500 mg Berberine HCl per capsule
- higher amount to help maintain healthy blood sugar metabolism*
- supports healthy lipid levels*
- provides cardiovascular support*
- a constituent of many herbs, including barberry (the source in this product), Oregon grape, goldenseal, and Coptis
SUGGESTED USAGE: Take 2 capsules daily.
Other ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Leucine.
Caution: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. If pregnant, nursing, or trying to conceive, do not use this product. Has been shown to decrease the activity of the cytochrome p450 (CYP) enzymes CYP2D6, CYP2C9, and CYP3A4.